Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 Build 2128 on Windows 7 64 bit update bug

Hello,

I have a Windows 7 64bit running with the latest version of Sublime Text 2 (beta 2128), I installed this version doing an update from the previous version, but every time I start the program it tells me that there’s an update; I checked at the Menu Help > About Sublime Text 2.

The program runs perfectly as usual, I just wanted you to know about the popup window about the update that doesn’t exists.

Btw, I have the UNREGISTERED version installed.

Thanks

0 Likes

The latest version is 2.0 (build is 2210), at sublimetext.com/2. Please hit refresh in your browser to ensure you’re seeing the latest version.

0 Likes

I have the same problem here. Under Windows 7 I’m running Sublime Text 2 beta Build 2181 (registered) and it keeps telling me that the 2.0 version is available for download. I’ve downloaded and installed it 3 times already (the 64bit version - both, as administrator and as “normal” user) and get no error, but whenever I run Sublime again it’s still the beta and it still tells me that the 2.0 is available for download…
I’ve done it on a mac, too, and there it works like a charm…

Would be glad to run the 2.0 version on my Windows PC also!

0 Likes

Just a possibility, the shortcut I had on my desktop to Sublime Text 2 was not updated. So when I used it, it was still reverting to the previous version and, therefore, continued advising me to update.

0 Likes

Ok, I found the issue - shame on me!
My installer - for some reason - installed the 2.0 version into the directory C:/Program Files/Sublime Text 2/Sublime Text 2, and I just didn’t read the duplication of the Sublime Text 2 - directory! Now everything works fine for me.

Cheers,
Roman.

0 Likes

I cleared my browser cache and download it again, now I have the latest version 2210. Thanks a lot for the help

0 Likes