Sublime Forum

:(\digit) - Gotoline

Is it somehow possible to define a variable in the caption of a command? I’d like to be able to invoke the command palette and type a number and have that take me to that line. It’s been a little while but I believe this is the functionality of VIM. It’s certainly in my muscle memory and I would like to be able to implement it as it doesn’t seem to conflict with any other Sublime commands that I know of. Other than defining each number separately (obviously not ideal and I would guess not so great for performance) is there any way to do this? Thanks!

0 Likes

Also, while I’m here is there any way to use goto mark (either ` or ') as a motion modifier to yank/delete/etc? It doesn’t seem to work and I’m not sure what modifications would be needed to change this. (Use case, set a mark in the middle of a paragraph, move to the beginning of it and yank to mark to copy that portion of the paragraph) Thanks!

(I feel like I’ve asked this before but I wasn’t able to find anything with the search. Apologies if this is a repost.)

0 Likes

Goto > Goto Line (^G)

0 Likes

I guess I’m asking if it’s possible to replicate VintageEx’s behavior with goto line in the Command Palette. Type “:23” hit enter, go to line 23. Some ex commands (:w, :e) are in the command palette, I’d like :[number] to be as well if possible.

0 Likes

[quote=“askeeve”]

I guess I’m asking if it’s possible to replicate VintageEx’s behavior with goto line in the Command Palette. Type “:23” hit enter, go to line 23. Some ex commands (:w, :e) are in the command palette, I’d like :[number] to be as well if possible.[/quote]

Not in the command palette, but in the Goto Anything palette. Is that not working for you?

0 Likes

This is not currently possible, you’d have to use an input panel, or Goto Anything

0 Likes