Sublime Forum

BUG: toggle bookmark

I’m using Version 2.0 Build 2210 on Ubuntu.

To replicate:
(1) Create bookmark by Ctrl+F2
(2) Insert a new line above the bookmark line
(3) Go to bookmark line and try to remove bookmark by Ctrl+F2.

0 Likes

Bookmark are defined by cursor (for empty selection), not by line.
To remove a bookmark, you must put your cursor on the exact same point when it where when you create it.

Best way is to use (shift+/)f2 to select it and remove it after.

0 Likes

Absolutely agree with topic starter, it is a bug. Insert line, go to it and can’t toggle!

0 Likes

Did you not read what bizoo wrote just above you ? -.-

0 Likes

thekyz,

I’m on the line with bookmark and I want to toggle it off. So, I should remember the position I set it? In line of say, length 40? Or I should press F2, go to next bookmark, and than go to to previous with Shift-F2 and than toggle with Ctrl-F2. Very cool, 3 keys instead of one. Another option - always toggle bookmark on line beginning. Why this feature with exact placing to toggle needed??? Why line bookmark depends on the position in the line? When it’s useful? Show me please, and probably I’ll say - OK, this is cool feature. But now it’s more like a bug.

0 Likes

[quote=“idemura”]thekyz,

I’m on the line with bookmark and I want to toggle it off. So, I should remember the position I set it? In line of say, length 40? Or I should press F2, go to next bookmark, and than go to to previous with Shift-F2 and than toggle with Ctrl-F2. Very cool, 3 keys instead of one. Another option - always toggle bookmark on line beginning. Why this feature with exact placing to toggle needed??? Why line bookmark depends on the position in the line? When it’s useful? Show me please, and probably I’ll say - OK, this is cool feature. But now it’s more like a bug.[/quote]

I thought this was a problem at first too, until I realized how awesome and convenient it was to bookmark a cursor position. Try highlighting a word, then hitting Ctrl + F2. Then go to a different line. Then hit Shift + F2 and the whole word that you just bookmarked is now highlighted… AND you’ll be at the bookmarked line number now too! All you have to do remove it is hit Ctrl + F2 again.

0 Likes