Sublime Forum

Segfault on startup

This started happening to me a day or two ago (I did not update sublime, I have been on latest since 2.0 came out of beta); I must have starting doing something differently/weird.

The GUI comes up for a split second, I can see things in the directory tree, and then it immediately crashes from a segfault. I think this has something to do with projects/directories opened in sublime and the project workspace. If I delete Settings/Session.sublime_session sublime starts up OK, but starts segfaulting again when I re-open the project via the sublime-project file. If I delete the session file AND the project workspace file and re-open the project, everything is good to go. Let me know what other details/information you want and I will do whatever you want next time it happens.

I think this has happened both times right after closing sublime and doing something that significantly effects the file/directory structure in my project directory (git reset, rebuilding the jekyll site, etc…).

project file (pretty standard):
jdc0589-github.sublime-project

{
        "folders":

{
                        "path": "/home/davis/working/jdc0589.github.com"
                }
        ],
        "build_systems": 
                {
                        "name": "jekyll",
                        "working_dir": "$project_path",
                        "cmd": "jekyll"]
                }
        ]
}

System Details:
ubuntu 12.04 x64 in a virtualbox vm, gnome3
I had the same problem last night in the same environment on my laptop, except the install is native there

Plugins:
package control
soda theme
jsformat
tabright

0 Likes

This is most definitely caused by the tabright plugin. We have a similar setup and I removed it and the problem went away. This is on Linux Mint 13 KDE edition. Hopefully this fixes your problem as well!

0 Likes