Sublime Forum

Tab through completions

I really like how after you hit tab to select an auto-complete suggestion, if you hit tab again it will show you the next item the auto-complete list. There are two pieces about this that I feel are missing however.

1. You can tab,tab,tab all you like until you hit an auto complete with a variable. Then tabbing will advance to the next variable and eventually put you at the end of the text and start inserting tabs like normal instead of cycling through the rest of the auto-complete list. This means if you have any auto-completes with variables, they essentially break the tab-through the list feature. I think it would be better, especially if tab_completion is set to false, to have tab cycle through the auto-complete suggestions within the window (panel? box?) that pops up as you type or by invoking with ctrl+space.
  2. If tab advances to the next suggestion, shouldn’t shift+tab revert to the previous suggestion?

I’m aware that I could get pretty close to this by remapping some keys but I think it would be even better as built-in functionality.
Thanks.

0 Likes

Also, if I set tab_completion and auto_complete_commit_on_tab (what’s the difference with these?) both to false, why does tab still select the auto-complete entry that’s highlighted?

0 Likes