Sublime Forum

Errors Multiple Windows Sublime Text 2 Even After Reinstall

I am getting these very strange boxes that pop up upon install for Sublime Text 2. All I did previously was uninstall a CSS add-on from the Package Installer. I uninstalled and reinstalled Sublime Text 2, and it is still occuring.

I have tried repeatedly to upload a screenshot, but after upload it keeps redirecting me to a page that says: “The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.” I have tried shrinking the picture, but it doesn’t work.

The whole program is a weird white color, and many boxes pop up that say:

"Error loading colour scheme Packages\Color Scheme - Default\Colorized-629075934329615-Monokai.tm Theme: Error parsing plist xml: Failed to open file In file “Packages\Color Scheme - Default\Colorized-629075934329615-Monokai.tm Theme”

Any ideas? I can’t use this program at all currently and am bummed. It was working great before this.

0 Likes

I had that error when I was editing a copy of the Monokai theme for myself, and it was because of a typo. So, maybe the plugin tried to edit that file? Luckily, I had the file open so I knew where the error was and could fix it after all of the popups.

On another note, I installed a CSS plugin a while ago and had to remove it in a completely different way than normal in order to stop ST2 from crashing. I can’t remember now which plugin it was, but what I did was delete the package from the packages folder, and then add an empty folder in that directory with the same name as the previously removed folder in order to trick package control (I think?) to stop re-creating it on startup.

0 Likes

It looks like you were using LiveCSS. The way that plugin works (in my humble understanding) is by creating a version of your colour scheme for each file, which Sublime is presumably still trying to find (and which doesn’t exist).

Use the Preferences menu or edit User/Preferences.sublime-settings to change your colour scheme back to Monokai (or something else) and you should be fine.

Incidentally, uninstalling and reinstalling Sublime does not remove your configuration. That’s called a revert, and you can find instructions about how to do it here: sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes