Sublime Forum

Linux (32bit build 2217) - opening new files hangs

After upgrading from a ~218x build to build 2217, Sublime Text 2 has started to hang occasionally.

Steps to reproduce:

1. On Sublime Text 2 build 2217 on Ubuntu 10.10
  2. Rapidly switch between multiple files by clicking the file tree. Try to do it so quickly that it interrupts an ongoing file open.
  3. Eventually, opening a file fails and the file never loads, instead showing the loading bar.

What happens:

• when attempting open a new file, the “loading” bar is shown, but the file never loads.
  • file size does not seem to matter, this occurs with small files like readme.md’s
  • After this hang, any attempt to open new files in ST2 will fail.
  • Additionally, the open file dialog also hangs (it does not show the folder information or directory contents), see *(http://i.imgur.com/1C05q.png)

However, existing files that are open can still be edited and saved; it is just that opening files (via dialog, via the quick goto functionality) does not work: it results in a new tab, but the contents of the new file are never loaded and the only thing you see is the loading indicator.

This can be fixed by restarting ST2, but this is very annoying.*

0 Likes

Confirmed that this can be reproduced on a freshly installed state (by removing ~/.config/sublime-text-2/). Just takes about a minute of intense clicking around to occur.

0 Likes

it hangs for me also. Making a fresh install doesnt repair it to me :frowning:

0 Likes