Sublime Forum

Ignored packages setting in project ignored

I would like to ignore the RubyMotion package for non RubyMotion projects. I tried:

“settings”:
{
“tab_size”: 8,
“font_size”: 13,
“ignored_packages”:

"Vintage",
	"RubyMotion Autocomplete"
]
}

in my sublime-project file. But that does not work.

Is there another solution ?

Regards
Roger

1 Like

You’re trying to ignore a package called “RubyMotion Autocomplete”…

"Vintage",
"RubyMotion",
"Autocomplete"
]
0 Likes

You’re trying to ignore a package called “RubyMotion Autocomplete”…<<

Yes I know. Thats exactly the package I’m trying to ignore. But it does not work. (BTW: It works if I put the config in the user settings file).

Regards
Roger

0 Likes

Ah I see! The way you worded it, I thought you were trying to ignore a package called “RubyMotion”. In this day and age one must assume idiocy by default, nothing personal.

By the way it is recommended that you always use the “User” version of settings files as otherwise you will lose your changes on upgrade.

0 Likes

By the way it is recommended that you always use the “User” version of settings files as otherwise you will lose your changes on upgrade.<<
============================
But how would that help ? I would like to disable the “RubyMotion Autocomplete” package for Rails projects and enable it fur RubyMotion projects. Isn’t that the use case for the project configuration ?

Regards
Roger

0 Likes

Didn’t realise you were talking about the settings in .sublime-project files, sorry. I should learn to read, looks like I’m the idiot. :smile: Of course you won’t lose those settings on upgrade.

You can’t override any old setting from a .sublime-project file, only certain ones. It is a problem for me too as I want to be able to override settings from a Package on a per-project basis.

One would think that you could override any setting but it doesn’t work that way. Perhaps you should comment on my related issue, on UserVoice, or file another issue. I think this would be a great feature.

0 Likes

This is kinda old and IMHO one huge feature that would help users a lot

I also have some packages/settings that I want to override based on which project I’m working on… if that was possible based on project or at least based on workspace, it would already help a lot.

Does anyone knows if any package can change user defined configuration? one could create a package that reads the project file and disable/enable the packages.
I know that Package Control can do this already… so it seems feasible, I’m going to send a request to Will Bond on that as I think it makes perfect sense for his package control!

In the mean time, if anyone wants to give it a shot on this, it would be a huge success :smiley:

0 Likes

Packages are global to Sublime Text. They apply to every window and every file. It would be extremely hard to unload plugins from memory in a sane when when switching tabs in a window (different files may or may not be part of a project).

That completely ignores the fact that code from plugins could be running in threads - so Sublime Text would have to try and guess what threads are things that should keep going and which ones are ones that should be stopped. Generically trying to handle complex situations like this would be a support nightmare, and it would probably never work the way users wanted it to.

In short, I wouldn’t expect to see project-specific package loading ever. Instead, ideally packages should be written in such a way that they do not become intrusive for other types of projects. Sometimes, however, this can be hard or impossible.

1 Like