Sublime Forum

Python in an External window?

This is probably a noob question, but how can I bypass the internal Python interpreter and run my Python programs in an external terminal window/process? The built in interpreter works fine for a lot of stuff, but I need to be able to process input or raw_input commands and the interpreter just gives me an EOF error.

FWIW, Chocolat does what I want (and expected) - it just forks a terminal window and runs the code. But I decided to buy ST2 instead because it seems far more mature and easily customizable.

I tried overriding the exec.py, since the build docs seemed to indicate that was a likely possibility. However, I just bought ST2 specifically to make it more convenient to LEARN Python, so even if that is the right approach, I probably did it wrong.

So far, Python is lots of fun, but IDLE looks terrible on the new Macbook Retina display. ST2 looks great (as well as having lots of power, 90% of which I haven’t even used yet) but it would be really handy to be able to run programs with CMD-B or CMD-R or something.

Thanks,

Steve Cross

0 Likes