Sublime Forum

Sublime Preferences Disabled on Mac OSX 10.8

I’m just migrating to Sublime from TextMate on an Mac OSX 10.8 system and everything is working fine except the Sublime Preferences menu item is locked in disabled mode. Is this a OSX 10.8 issue or just me being a n00b?

0 Likes

My preferences menu item is disabled

I am using 10.8 and do not have that issue, so I assume it is not an issue with Mountain Lion. I am still a sublime text, so all I can suggest is fully removing the app and preference files (use an app like TrashMe, CleanApp or CleanMyMac), and reinstall.

0 Likes

This was fixed in 2.0.1, check that you’re using the latest version

0 Likes

I’ve done some more digging and found that with the initial install of Sublime 2.0.1, the Preference menu option works perfectly fine however if I install Package Control or manually load the TextMate Sass/Scss bundle ( github.com/kuroir/SCSS.tmbundle … blimeText2 ), after a restart of Sublime, Preferences is disabled.

After testing a number of scenarios, I’ve found that its probably not the packages. If I do a clean install of sublime ( 2.0.1 build 2217 or 2218 ), the Preference option works perfectly fine, but once I restart, its disabled. To fully vet the problem, I just tried the same scenario on my MacBook also running OSX 10.8 and had no problems, so it’s got to be a config issue on my iMac.

Any suggestion what to check?

0 Likes

This works on mine:
System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General Tab -> Select Anywhere on Allow applications downloaded from option.

0 Likes

This may not be specific to OS X 10.8, I have the same problem with OS X 10.7.4

0 Likes