Sublime Forum

Scroll bar in OS X

Hello can you tell me use the default setting of OS X scroll bar? I am using two-finger scroll but the scroll bar does not appear as usual.

0 Likes

The scroll bar not appearing has been the default since Mac OS 10.7 Lion.

I think this is what you want:
System Preferences -> General -> Show scroll bars -> Always

However, I suggest against it. It takes up screen real estate (which is especially wanted by devs). There is a reason why it is no longer the default. Scrolling direction also changed to a more natural direction that actually makes sense. It’s about time.

0 Likes

[quote=“tuscanidream”]The scroll bar not appearing has been the default since Mac OS 10.7 Lion.

However, I suggest against it. It takes up screen real estate (which is especially wanted by devs). There is a reason why it is no longer the default. Scrolling direction also changed to a more natural direction that actually makes sense. It’s about time.[/quote]

Yes I know that the scrollbar does not appear by default since 10.7. But when I use 2-finger scroll in Safari, Chrome and other apps, the scrollbar overlay appears. But in Sublime text, the scrollbar overlay does not appear. When I use pgup and pgdown in Sublime text, the scrollbar overlay does appear.

I think it should be fixed.

0 Likes

I think this should be fixed because I think this is a bug.

0 Likes

[quote=“duydangle”]

[quote=“tuscanidream”]The scroll bar not appearing has been the default since Mac OS 10.7 Lion.

However, I suggest against it. It takes up screen real estate (which is especially wanted by devs). There is a reason why it is no longer the default. Scrolling direction also changed to a more natural direction that actually makes sense. It’s about time.[/quote]

Yes I know that the scrollbar does not appear by default since 10.7. But when I use 2-finger scroll in Safari, Chrome and other apps, the scrollbar overlay appears. But in Sublime text, the scrollbar overlay does not appear. When I use pgup and pgdown in Sublime text, the scrollbar overlay does appear.

I think it should be fixed.[/quote]

It works for me. Mountain Lion 10.8 and SublimeText 2.0.1

0 Likes