Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

toggleComment bug

toggleComment bug

Postby vim on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:40 am

bug on last change of toggleComment, if you use ctrl+/ on an empty line, you expect to have a new comment, but nothing happen.
vim

Re: toggleComment bug

Postby jps on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:46 am

If only an empty line is selected, then this works for me, at least for Python files.

If both non-empty and empty lines are selected, the only the non-empty lines get commented. This is by design, so that all the inserted comment markers can be vertically aligned.
jps
Site Admin

Postby vim on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:55 am

jps wrote:If only an empty line is selected, then this works for me, at least for Python files.

doesn't work for me... guess i'll have to check why
vim

Postby vim on Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:26 pm

i have checked it on a PC with no previous install of sublime text, and no additional packages, and i get the same behavior (checked by opening the default key binding, locating the courser on an empty line and pressing ctrl+/ - nothing happen)

can anyone confirm this?
vim

Postby EJ12N on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:21 pm

vim wrote:i have checked it on a PC with no previous install of sublime text, and no additional packages, and i get the same behavior (checked by opening the default key binding, locating the courser on an empty line and pressing ctrl+/ - nothing happen)

can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm and add some more info...
Toggle comment only works in blank lines when the blank line is the LAST line... otherwise it fails... this applies to everything, I tested python, php, html, and css...

So if you have a blank document with one line of course it'll work, add couple blank lines now go to another line that is not the last one, and fail...
also it doesn't matter if the line is selected or not...
EJ12N

Return to Technical Support