Sublime Forum

How to change the color of the "modified" dot in file tabs?

Mysteriously, the little dot next to the file name in the file tabs indicating the file has been modified since last save has become a bright orange for me. It used to be gray – noticeable but not distracting. I’ve been using the Soda Dark theme and haven’t made any theme or color changes.

Any idea what happened? In any case, is there a way for me to reset the color to gray?

Thanks!

0 Likes

github.com/buymeasoda/soda-them … tomisation

0 Likes

Thanks. Those instructions show how to change the color of the “tab_label” – i.e. the name of the file – not the dot to the right of the name. I couldn’t find any reference to the dot in the theme file, but perhaps I’m missing something obvious?

0 Likes

tab_label + dirty attribute controls the dot.

0 Likes

Thanks, but it turns out the issue was that the Soda Dark theme loads a different dirty dot png if the tab is highlighted or not. The png for the highlighted dot is bright orange. Changing “highlight_modified_tabs” (in my Sublime Text user settings, not the theme customization settings) back to false fixed the problem and returned the dirty dots to grey. Not sure how “highlight_modified_tabs” switched to true – perhaps I hit the wrong keystroke combo at some point. Anyhow, thanks for the help!

0 Likes