Sublime Forum

Sublime FTP plugin and Windows Server

Hey there,

Just downloaded Sublime/Sublime SFTP and I’m lyroving it, definitely going to buy. However, I’m having some trouble setting up Sublime SFTP with my windows server. SFTP currently isn’t working for me so I have to use a normal FTP connection (I can try to setup SFTP if that’s necessary). When I try to upload it connects to the server just fine, but it can’t find the remote directory. I’ve tried to use the following for remote_path:

“C:/Inetpub/vhosts/default/htdocs/” - Says FTP doesn’t use drive letters, makes sense
“/Inetpub/vhosts/default/htdocs/” - Says it cannot find the path
“/” - Waits a long time, then says there’s a possible PASV mode error, and to set passive mode to true. When I set it to true, it says the same thing and to set passive mode to false.

Any help would be much appreciated, I really don’t wanna go back to editting via Filezilla. I am on OSX. I also tried to mount my server remotely but that wasn’t working either…

0 Likes

If you send me an email at support@wbond.net, I can follow up that way. Unfortunately this forum does not send emails, so I can’t keep track of support requests through it.

In general Windows servers strip C:\Inetpub off of the front, so your folder would be something like /vhosts/default/htdocs/. However, if you provide a folder and it can’t find it, the plugin will print the name of the initial folder and all files and folders inside of it to try and help give you a bearing. Additionally, you can see all of the interaction going on by turning on the debug log - see wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp/ … _Debug_Log for details.

0 Likes

I ended up setting passive mode to false and it worked. The directory was “/” because the way I setup my ftp, the root folder that ftp begins at is the website root for some reason. I’m still pretty new to Windows Server, used to running linux. Anyways, thanks for your help, definitely going to support this program and buy a license as soon as I get home!

0 Likes