Sublime Forum

Python programms don't show the building results

Hello,
I just downloaded Sublime Text 2 in order to test a new text editor for python. I wanted to test a python-programm, but it didn’t work, so I searched in the internet and found out I had to edit the Python.sublime-build file. I did and now I don’t get the error anymore, but I don’t get anything else eighter.
When I start my programm just nothing happens, no error, no result, nothing. I tried a simple “print 3”, but it seems like Sublime just isn’t interested in my orders. Of course I tried the same thing with the normal Pyhton-IDLE and it worked and I also chose the Python-Build-System.

The strange thing is, I have a module called “pygame”. It is used to create little games (I did “Pong” for example) and when I edit a Pyhton-Programm which uses pygame everything works: The pygame window opens I can play my games and even the “print 3” I wrote at the end for test reasons works.

I’m still in school and I need to write programms for my computer-science lessons and I really don’t like the IDLE at all, so please help me out.

(I apologize for my english, I’m german so I don’t know if I made any mistakes)

1 Like

Hello,

I have the same problem. When I press Ctrl+B nothing happens. Status Bar shows “Building” message and that’s all. In Tools menu “Cancel Build” is active. I tried to change building file instructions, but it doesn’t help. I have Python 2.7.2, Sublime Text 2.0.1 Build 2217, Windows XP SP3.

I checked the same python project on Linux version and it works fine.

Please, help us!

1 Like