Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

annoying selection bug near end of documents

annoying selection bug near end of documents

Postby bmcmahen on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Whenever I try to place the cursor near the bottom of a sublime-text document, it selects all of the text below the placement of the cursor. If I click again, sometimes it deselects the text and correctly places the cursor -- but if I click in a slightly different location, it reselects all the text from below that point. This only happens near the bottom of the page. Am I the only one experiencing this bug? It's incredibly annoying, and probably the only thing keeping me away from purchasing a license.

I'm running Sublime Text 2, build 2217, on Mac OS X Mountain Lion (although this bug has manifested itself on Lion and older version of Sublime Text).
bmcmahen

Re: annoying selection bug near end of documents

Postby decuman on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 pm

I can confirm this annoying behavior under linux as well.
decuman

Postby adzenith on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Yeah, it's happened to me too. I've never been able to figure out how to repro it, though.
adzenith

Postby Lu Nelson on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Yes I have this bug too, it is very annoying. Can't reproduce it but seems to happen when many documents are open

Mac OS X 10.7.4
Lu Nelson

Postby ecurtis on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Confirmed, on the latest Mountain Lion. It also kept me from buying it for a while. Though my solution is just to quit and restart since the buffer is saved. I have since purchased sublime but this is 1 or my 2 annoyances (the other is indenting with php and html mixed).
ecurtis

Postby davehunt on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 pm

I've also been experiencing this bug in the latest Sublime Text 2 on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

It's quite annoying and makes it very difficult to use, hopefully this is fixed soon!
davehunt

Postby phillip.koebbe on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 pm

If you don't already have

Code: Select all
"scroll_past_end": true

in your User Preferences (not Default Preferences!), add it and try again. There is a comment in the default prefs that says this value gets overridden and you have to put it in user prefs for it to stick. I vaguely remember the same problem you are all describing, but I don't have it any more and this setting might be why.
-- Phillip

Code: Select all
while self.living? do
    mistake = Mistake.new
    self.learn_from!(mistake) unless mistake.fatal?
end
phillip.koebbe

Return to Technical Support