Sublime Forum

Git binary could not be found in PATH

I’m getting this popup error whenever I select a file.

Anyone know how to fix this? I’m running a OSX 10.8.1 [Mountain Lion].

Cheers

0 Likes

I dunno but it’s really annoying. I assume it has to do with either the git package or the modific package, though. Maybe I’ll just uninstall them both.

0 Likes

Looks to have been modific.

0 Likes

I’m thinking it has something to do with the Mountain Lion upgrade. I uninstalled/reinstalled. Nothing.

0 Likes

Do you have modific installed? Mine stopped complaining the moment I uninstalled it. It did start happening around the time I upgraded to Mountain Lion, but then again I also have git in my path.

0 Likes

Modific isn’t installed. I think I’m going to uninstall Git. See what happens…

0 Likes

Removed Git Package and Sidebar Git package and it worked. I use Tower Git gui anyway so it’s not a big lose.

cmd + shift + P > remove package

0 Likes

I’ve been having this problem ever since OS X 10.8, even after adding git to my path. It turns out that if I launch Sublime from the Terminal (subl .) I get no Git path errors. But Launching the app via the dock doesn’t pick up the path settings and I get the error every time. This post leads me to believe that this can be solved but it’s not clear to me how to use the .plist syntax to do it.

UPDATE: I uninstalled git (brew) and reinstalled. Brew doctor scolded me to install CLI tools, so I downloaded the ML version and reinstalled that too. Finished with brew install git, and now SidebarGit works as expected regardless of whether I launch from Terminal or Dock. No Path errors yet.

0 Likes

Hi, that’s the way i solved it :

1. Go to Preferences > Browse Packages …
  2. In the directory Git, open the file Git.sublime-settings
  3. Find git_command and set the path to the Git executable, for me it give :
,"git_command": "/usr/local/git/bin/git"
  1. Save, it’s done !
0 Likes

jahazzz’s solution works perfect.

If you have no idea where you get your git installed, run your terminal and type in which git
just FYI

Michael

0 Likes

Hello everyone!
Actually, jahazzz’s solution did not work for me :frowning:

What I did, is “brut-force” symlink from /bin to which git.
Thank worked.

cheers!

0 Likes