Sublime Forum

Open recent or session of previous files on startup blank

I’ve been bitten by what appears to be a bug. I haven’t confirmed what in my case was the point of failure. I had a file that was saved as blank undesirably and I don’t believe I interacted with any save prompt to do so. I believe the bug is reported, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7388&p=36046&hilit=open+recent#p36046 , and what I’m experiencing may be related to that bug, but shows specific undesirable behavior. Anyway, I can’t express how important backups are because of unforeseen stuff like this :smile:

My setup:
Sublime Text 2.0.1 build 2217 portable
Windows 7 64 enterprise

The problem is that when opening sublime text with previous files open from a previous session files that are attempted to be opened from network shares with red x’s over the icon appear blank. The same behavior is experienced if attempting to open a file from the “open recent” file dialog.

The problem appears to occur only to network shares. It appears to occur to network shares that are mapped to a drive letter and not opened implicitly through SublimeText since logging into Windows for the day. Not opened for the logged in session is indicated by the red x over the network share. It appears that the red x does not go away if the drive is accessed through windows explorer and not via sublime text. Once the drive is accessed via sublime text at least once the red x goes away.

Once the red x is no longer above the network share then “open recent” once again loads the file correctly. I did not test to verify desired behavior if the file appearing as blank in sublime text would re-load correctly after quit and starting the application with the file still opened from a previous session. I missed my opportunity to do test this because I closed the files before closing sublime text.

The image below is a screenshot of the red x’s on network shares and P: being cleared of a red x because I accessed it which enabled the ability to open the file without the blank behavior.

0 Likes