Sublime Forum

Find (F3) not working

Somehow I broke the command to Find Next. If I press CTRL+F and type in a search term, I can find the first instance. Then I used to press F3 to find the next instance. But lately, instead of finding the next instance, it duplicates the term in the search field. For example:

I press CTRL+F. Search panel pops up.
I type “Foo”. The first instance of “Foo” in the current file is highlighted.
I press F3, expecting to find the next instance of “Foo”. Instead, my search term now says “FooFoo”.
Pressing F3 again makes the search term “FooFooFoo”.
If I delete the repeated characters in the search field and press F3, it deletes more characters from the search field!

“Wrap” and “Highlight matches” are the only search options enabled in the search panel.

If I enter “Foo” into the search field and press Enter, it will find the term. The search field still has focus and if I press Enter again, it will find the next instance. But I want to use F3, without having to press Enter, like I was able to do before.

What did I do to break it and how do I fix it?

0 Likes

Update:

I read in these forums to enter “sublime.log_commands(True)” into the console to see what commands are being called.

When I press F3, it says “command: redo_or_repeat”. How do I find where this command is being set, and what command should F3 be calling, normally?

Thanks.

0 Likes

F3 should be calling find_next. You can just rebind it if you want, or you can search through your .sublime-keymap files for F3 and see what you find.

0 Likes

Thanks for the help!

Turns out that the keyboard I’m using has a Function Lock key that was enabled, giving all my F keys alternate functionality. :blush: An indicator light on the keyboard would have been nice. :unamused:

0 Likes