Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Unable to save -- I see no answers

Re: Unable to save -- I see no answers

Postby jacalata on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 pm

I have this problem as well. Process Explorer says that nothing else is touching the file. Save-As also failed. Saving it in any other editor works fine.
jacalata

Postby jacalata on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Actually, it could be relevant that all the files I'm having this trouble with were under version control (although they are checked out when I try and save them). However, given that almost all the files I work with are under version control, if that causes ST to be unable to save them, it's basically useless. Fortunately, I searched for anything about sublime text and TFS, and found this plugin (https://bitbucket.org/CDuke/sublime-tfs/src); once I installed the plugin, I was able to save files that were under TFS.
jacalata

Postby jacalata on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:52 am

nope, turns out the plugin didn't help as much as I thought, I still get this error constantly.
jacalata

Postby monksaigon on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:49 am

I am running on Ubuntu 11.10 and Sublime Text. Unable to save, any fixes?
monksaigon

Postby madmax on Tue May 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Same thing with me--though sometimes closing vs11 fixes the error (though at the time, it isn't running in vs11). Love the tool but I can't buy it if it makes me restart other applications randomly... :roll:
madmax

Postby nikita.tomkevich84 on Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Same here.

Couldn't save for s**t. So I had to 'Save As..' once again and woila, it worked like a charm. After I did 'Save As', the regular CTRL S started working again without any hiccups. I was like, WOAH dude, that s**t worked?! And my brain was like, 'F**k yeah son, what did you expect, I'm smart.'
'
nikita.tomkevich84

Postby mgadrat on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Sometimes when downloading a file SFTP plugin seems to alter the file permission on the local copy.

Try right clicking on the file in your finder, click properties or informations and try to see if the permissions are set to "read only", changing the permissions did the trick for me. :D
mgadrat

Postby RyanPlanteNJ on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:53 pm

I think I know the issue. Go to the file that your trying to save by right clicking and going to Properties. Click the security tab then click edit. You'll see however users there are (one of them will be Security and one of them will most likely be the Administrator). Click on the one that is actually you (for instance let's just say your username name was Robin). You would then go to the second window located under the user names, and check the Allow box right next to the text that says Full Control. You should now be able to save the file no problem

Edit: This is for Windows 7 users. I don't know about Mac or Linux. I would suspect both probably have some way to alter what some users can and cannot do to a certain file.
RyanPlanteNJ

Postby drpelz on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I can confirm that Sublime v2.0.2 often can't save ANY file so I have to restart the app (which is a pain in the a$$$$$). :x

Is there ANY workaround available? Man I hope this bug will be fixed ASAP because it's really KILLING my workflow. I had to restart sublime more than 5 times during 30 minutes so I don't know if I'm gonna use it again.

My plugins (maybe there is one which is the cause of this strange behaviour):

SublimeLint
SidebarEnhancements
Prefixr
BracketHighlighter
Emmet
Package Control
PHP Code Sniffer
Tag

Themes:

Flatland

Any help, please?
drpelz

Postby kitori on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:47 am

somewhatjaded wrote:fix: in file explorer folder window, hide the preview pane. This seems to unblock the process, and S2 can save just fine.

Thank you, this helped a lot!
kitori

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support