Sublime Forum

User settings directories being ignored on Mac

I’ve been using sublime for many months on my Mac, and it has stored all it’s settings in /Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2.

However, this morning after a reboot, sublime came up with none of my plugins installed, and no settings applied. So, first reaction was that maybe something was corrupted, so I reinstalled Sublime (2.0.1). Still, none of my plugins/settings were applied. It was as this stage that I noticed that Sublime was completely ignoring my settings directory above, and had instead created all it’s Settings, Packages, Pristine Packages in the root of my drive (all the old stuff appears to remain intact).

Anyone come across this before ? Is there something I can do to get sublime to look in my Application Support directory ? Maybe there’s something I’ve accidentally changed to cause this ?

Any help in getting sublime to read from my Application Support directory would be gratefully received :=)

Lawrie

0 Likes

Hi, Lawrie.

I have the same problem and still no solution. I’ve been tried to wipe out my settings folder and then recreate it again but with no luck. I have the problem on my MB Air, but everything is working fine on my iMac. It’s very strange behavior. I’ll try to deal with file permissions, maybe it helps.

Did you have any ideas?

Victor.

0 Likes

Hi, Lawrie.

I found the solution. Preferences file is located here: ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings. But by strange error (maybe some Dropbox glitches happen) the preferences file has been renamed to “preferences.sublime-settings”. Look at the first character. It was changed from upper case to lower case and there is a problem. I just rename the file to “Preferences.sublime-settings” and everything works fine.

Good luck!

Victor.

0 Likes