Sublime Forum

Manifest error starting ST2

When I try to run ST2, I get a popup:

[Window Title]
C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2\sublime_text.exe

[Content]
C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2\sublime_text.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

[OK]

and looking in the event viewer, I see:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2\sublime_text.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2\Microsoft.VC90.CRT.MANIFEST" on line 4. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8". Definition is Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.30729.1". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

This is on a Server 2008 R2 machine.

edit:

I got ST2 to start by editing the manifest and changing “9.0.30729.1” to “9.0.21022.8”.

0 Likes

I might be wrong, but isn’t that a lack of VCRT of the right version? Did you do a normal install?
Using another runtime than the version the binary was compiled for may lead to a lot of crashes, but then again, it also might work perfectly.

0 Likes