Sublime Forum

Style Comments and Indentations (Python)

Hi
Searched and didn’t found what I want or couldn’t replicate it.
I’m editing a copy of Monokai Scheme so it is more at my taste. For now I’m just replacing the color codes but there are 2 things I’m not being able to do:

• Style the comments.
  • Make the indentations visible without needing to select their text area. This seems to do it but I don’t understand the explanation.

In this image you can see how that yellow is not exclusive of comments. Also the area I select it shows Indentation (spaces and tabs) but not the area that is not selected.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/animatics/Foruns/th_ST2commentsandIndentation.png

For now, I just changed the main background and foreground colors. Pastebin

Thanks for any help in advance.
Cheers
probiner

0 Likes

This setting might be what you are looking for:

// Set to "none" to turn off drawing white space, "selection" to draw only the
// white space within the selection, and "all" to draw all white space
"draw_white_space": "selection",

Copy to your user settings and change it to “all”.

I assume you are talking about the triple-quoted text ‘’’ ? These are not scoped as comments, but string.quoted.single.block.python; use **Ctrl-Shift-Alt-**P to display the current scope in the status bar.

0 Likes

Hi agibsonsw
Indeed that addition to user settings works : ) Now I’ll see if I can make a toggle out of it.

Yes I was referring to multiline comment. That ctrl+alt+shift+p command to check up the scope is very nice. I bet that one took a bit to write it in your post, ehehe. With that I was able to create settings for it, successfully changing it’s color.

Thank you for the enlightenment.

0 Likes