Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Support for ST2

Re: Support for ST2

Postby swrobel on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:10 am

jps wrote:Just as much progress is happening on Sublime Text as ever, it's just going to take some time for the results to be ready.

Much appreciated, but in terms of bug reports/fixes, there are some pretty big nags out there with a lot of forum activity, like these:
Request to allow disabling of "Preview Tab/View"
"goto anything" performance on retina panels
swrobel

Postby iamntz on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:50 am

@swrobel: From the very first line of the preview on click thread:

UPDATE: From build 2198, there is a new setting "preview_on_click" for controlling the behaviour.
iamntz

Postby swrobel on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 pm

iamntz wrote:@swrobel: From the very first line of the preview on click thread:

UPDATE: From build 2198, there is a new setting "preview_on_click" for controlling the behaviour.

As I reported, this doesn't affect Goto anything, so it's a half-solution.
swrobel

Postby natebeaty on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:28 am

taenzerme wrote:I think many buyers of SL2 look at Textmate - look what happened there. We paid good money and in the end no one cared about the product. What's happening with Textmate2 is a bad joke. IMHO this should not happen with SL2, too. I think many fear that's going to happen consindering how little information about progress and future plans is available to the public.

TM is not much of an example. Folks paid "good money" for a product that had similarly responsive dev and active community for support for years and is still a usable piece of software. Now TM2 is being rapidly developed as open source with a free upgrade to TM1 users. I know I got my $60 out of the 6 years of daily TextMate usage.

Nowhere on the site does Jon suggest product support is part of the purchase price. The homepage clearly lists all the features of the product -- that's what is being sold. Nor does it say anywhere on the site that you're paying for eternal updates. You download the trial, if you like it, you pay for it. Transaction complete. Jon put in hundreds of hours building that product, you bought it based on where it was then.

The sense of entitlement have for a $60 purchase is so weird. I've never experienced stellar support from an indie developer, nor have I necessarily expected it as long as the software worked as advertised. Serious bugs that inhibit the usability of the product are the only thing I can understand people being so angry about. But beyond that, we're just plain lucky to have such an amazing editor for such a reasonable price.
natebeaty

Postby pcartier on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Total agree, I am a new user (was a VIM user for years) the $60.00 price tag is a steal! I purchased the license after using it for one day!, hands down the best editor I have ever used. :D
pcartier

Postby swrobel on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:27 pm

Anyone know how get a hold of Jon? He seems to be MIA...
swrobel

Postby mwb1100 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:34 pm

swrobel wrote:Anyone know how get a hold of Jon? He seems to be MIA...

He's apparently heads-down on some unspecified 'big thing' for Sublime. He seems to surface on the forum very occasionally since the v2 official release.

You might try sending a PM: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2
mwb1100

Previous

Return to Technical Support