Sublime Forum

Odd rendering behaviour

Hello. I’ve recently started to see some odd ST rendering behaviour related to my AndyEdits feature and I’m hoping that someone has come across a similar problem before?! as it is really baffling me.

There is no error message but the scrollbar renders, and behaves, oddly, and my pencil gutter-icon doesn’t appear. The ruler appears and disappears as I scroll as well. (I don’t know if anyone using AndyEdits has noticed this as I haven’t heard from them.)

My feature using on_modified, on_selection_modified and on_close. It doesn’t change the view in any way other than using add_regions and occasionally erase_regions, and on_close just deletes a dictionary entry (if present). (I can still navigate to, highlight, etc., my regions.)

I realise this description is a little vague, but I’m hoping that someone may have experienced a similar issue, and have advice? Andy.

0 Likes

… might it possibly be related to my installing Ruby on Rails via RailsInstaller? My Ruby build file was incorrect for a while, but I have subsequently fixed it.

0 Likes

I understand that ST has issues with rendering when add_regions() has previously been applied to a view. This affects the rendering of the scrollbar, the ruler can appear and disappear, and the gutter icon may not appear.

Changing theme’s (back and forth), refreshing the screen, etc., can persuade ST to render correctly. I assume that others have come across this issue and, hopefully :smile: , can offer some advice (please). Andy.

0 Likes

I see this when regions are added as well, though only on Windows I think. My rulers disappear, and it’s very annoying.

0 Likes

Yes, I’m on Windows and it is quite annoying. (A flaw in my otherwise perfect feature :wink: )

I can resolve it by changing theme, refreshing, sometimes closing and re-starting ST, but this is not good. Unless someone has other suggestions :question: the only way I might resolve it is to add two further commands:

one to store/pickle all the regions and erase them;
one to re-instate all these regions from the pickle.

This is not good as it introduces unnecessary steps and it would be easy to forget to use either of these steps when starting and exiting ST.

Any advice? Andy.

0 Likes

Hm I’m not sure if I have any advice… I think sometimes if I close the find toolbar, to hide the find regions, then my rulers come back, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.
I usually just keep working and hope things come back. :frowning:

0 Likes