Sublime Forum

Find in Files exclude patterns documentation?

Is there any documentation on the Find in Files exclude patterns? I cannot for the life of me figure them out, nor find any definitive documentation. And just experimenting with it is extremally frustratating, because (as others have pointed out) after you complete a find, the Find panel goes away, and you have to bring it up again.

I just want to exclude a couple of directories in my project, but I haven’t yet hit on just how to do that. I can exclude by parts of file names, but that isn’t what I want.

Also, is there some way to set some exclude filters (for find only!) in the Project? I think that has come up here before, and that’s no possible?

I love the Find in Files functionality other than these two glitches. Unfortuantely, not being able to easily exclude a directory is a no-go.

Edit: actually, I can’t even get the file-name exclusion to work, following the example that is pasted when you click “add exclude filter”. I tried to exclude js and svg files, and it is still finding them.

-.js,-.svg

Edit 2: I got it to exclude *.svg. I had to close and re-start ST2. I don’t trust this. Is there something special I have to do to “clear” this? I did “clear” on the “Where” button, but that simply clears the text field.

1 Like