Sublime Forum

Where is "PATH"?

Hello forum!

I very recently installed LaTeXTools via package control in order to be able to compile and view my tex-documents in SumatraPDF. The problem is that in the instructions given, I’m expected to put SumatraPDF in PATH. But, where exactly is this PATH-location? I checked the AppData folder, the folder in program files but to no avail. Can somebody tell where to find this PATH-directory? I even tried checking the latex.sublime-build but no luck there.

0 Likes

If you are on windows, then install sumatraPDF wherever you want then press win+pause -> advanced system settings -> environment variables -> double click on the PATH variable, and, at the end, add:

;c:\program files\sumatraPDF

Or whatever is the path where you installed. Please note the semicolon. If you don’t find a PATH variable in that list, just hit the New… button

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]If you are on windows, then install sumatraPDF wherever you want then press win+pause -> advanced system settings -> environment variables -> double click on the PATH variable, and, at the end, add:

;c:\program files\sumatraPDF

Or whatever is the path where you installed. Please note the semicolon. If you don’t find a PATH variable in that list, just hit the New… button
http://img.iamntz.com/jing/2012-11-10_12h59_46.png[/quote]

Thank you very much, you are a saint!

0 Likes

Ok so I added the line into my PATH and also enabled inverse-search according to the README of LaTeXTools.
The compiling works great, but the problem is that the build system in Sublime doesn’t automatically launch the compiled pdf-document. What is wrong here?

0 Likes