Sublime Forum

Option to hot_exit only for project windows

I’d like this:

When starting sublime, start with no tabs open. This can be done by setting both hot_exit and remember_open_files to false.

However, if both are false, and the window is a project window, then there’s a problem. If I exit, then start sublime again, there are no files/tabs open (good). But, if I press ctrl+alt+p to switch to the last project I had open, then the window will turn into a project window, but the files I had open will be gone (bad).

So, basically, I’d like for switching to a project to remember the files/tabs that were open, but I’d like for sublime to always start with no files/tabs open. After starting with no files/tabs open, then I could hit ctrl+alt+p to switch to a project, and those files/tabs would be open.

EDIT: Is this what the OSX-only option create_window_at_startup is for? (I’m in Linux)

0 Likes

Launch Sublime with empty window

I totally agree with you, honestly i don’t understand why if i close the application while working on a existing project (not the default nameless one) it wipe all open files and unsaved change, this doesn’t make any sense, sound much more like a bug that a feature.

0 Likes

Big BUMP :scream:

Any info about this features?

I’ve read about “remember_open_files”: false, “hot_exit”: false, tested it, but it doesn’t solve the issue …

0 Likes

If I remember correctly (not at the right PC at the moment) workspaces show up in the list of projects in the project switch popup.

So you could try saving your project and also saving a workspace and then switch to that. It might do what you want.

0 Likes