Sublime Forum

Access to attached pages

I am have recently downloaded Sublime Text2. I come from a history of dreamweaver and textwrangler. There are many, many things I like much better about Sublime. However, there is one key element that dreamweaver has and Sublime doesn’t.
(And I apologize if this already exists, but I wasn’t able to find any information about it online.)

It would be extremely helpful to have your .html page automatically bring up mini-tabs of the connected pages (such as the css and javascript files). Dreamweaver has the main tags (the html files) then mini-tabs that can access pages that are connected within the tag.

Other than that, I think Sublime is much better than Dreamweaver.

0 Likes

I’d like to second this request. I come from the world of Dreamweaver as well. I fully understand why DW is shunned by many in the web dev community, but this feature is undeniably powerful. For the record, I code by hand, and the only reason that Dreamweaver is in my pipeline is because it offers certain project organizational features that I can’t find in other (super-bloated) editors without having to jump through flaming hoops only to end up with something that only partially works.

There’s another feature of Dreamweaver (I can see the eyerolls) that is equally as powerful: automatic project file updates for open or closed files.

Here’s an example: Say you have a flat project that contains multiple HTML files and a linked CSS file. In Dreamweaver, if you change the name or location of the CSS file in DW’s file browser, you’ll be prompted with a message asking you if you want to update the links to that CSS file in all the files that contain a reference to it - whether those files are open or not. This same behavior applies to other types of linked files within a project.

0 Likes