Sublime Forum

Allow status bar to be custom defined

I think it would be a great addition in a future version to allow the user to custom define their status bar. The rest of sublime-text is already configurable so it makes sense the status bar should too and it seems like it should be simple to do.

In Preferences, the current status bar could be something like:
“statusbar_text”: "Line " + sublime.statusbar.cursorpos_line + ", Column " + sublime.statusbar.cursorpos_col + sublime.statusbar.actionmessages + sublime.statusbar.fullwidthspacer + "Spaces: " + sublime.statusbar.tabwidth + “\t” + sublime.statusbar.syntaxtype

For example, I really wish that the status bar would display the Line # and Column on the right side and leave the left side empty for action notifications by the program. So I would be able to change the status bar to:
“statusbar_text”: sublime.statusbar.actionmessages + sublime.statusbar.fullwidthspacer + "Spaces: " + sublime.statusbar.tabwidth + “\t” + sublime.statusbar.syntaxtype + “\tstatusbar_text”: "Line " + sublime.statusbar.cursorpos_line + ", Column " + sublime.statusbar.cursorpos_col

2 Likes

Userecho: Allow status bar to be custom defined.

0 Likes