Sublime Forum

Possible to remove Set Syntax entries from Command Pallete?

I would like to make my Command Pallete less clutered by not having “Set Syntax” entries in there for each of the syntax types.

However - I cannot find any “Set Syntax” entries in Default.sublime-commands or any other “.sublime-command” files for that matter. Are the “Set Syntax” entries hard-coded into the Command Pallete? Is there any way to remove them?

0 Likes

Syntax entries are added automatically…so no, there is no way to remove them…except by removing your syntax file.

With that said, I don’t understand the “de-cluttering”. It is a fuzzy searched command palette. It is meant to have everything you might need, and quickly be filtered to what you actually need when you start typing. I could understand the need for de-cluttering if you had to scroll through to find what you needed.

0 Likes

I often do like to scroll through the command palette to find what I need. Many times I am using some command or custom package which I use very rarely and so thus I do not remember the exact name of the command or do not know exactly all the different commands available to me. It is very helpful to scroll through the command pallete and see the commands available that custom packages might have added.

I find scrolling through the command palette to be one of the best ways to learn the commands available in new packages. However - the “Set Syntax” entries are annoying to scroll past - and to add to the annoyance you cannot use Page Up or Page Down in the Command Palette so it takes long to scroll past all of them.

0 Likes

Hey,
you could use something like:

{ "command": "set_file_type", "args": {"syntax": "Packages/Text/Plain text.tmLanguage"} }

0 Likes