Sublime Forum

Gui

Hi,

i may get flamed or laughed at for this, but:

Is it planned to revamp the sublime gui or to provide skins to make it more windows native looking. Yes you heard right, plain ugly native window style…

edit: just adding a quote form the e texteditor forums :smile:

0 Likes

How to make it look like notepad
How to make it look like notepad

I’d be interested in hearing opinions about this.

While it’s not planned, building a version with native Windows controls is feasible. I’m not keen on having two versions (one with the current look and feel, and another windows native one), but preferences / thoughts either way are welcome.

0 Likes

Definitely keep the controls as they are. The reason I bought sublime is the interface – I spend so much time in my text editor that it’s imprtant that it’s as pretty as possible.

0 Likes

+1 to keep the current interface

0 Likes

+1 for current controls, but I want to change its colors via themes to match default theme of windows xp (light gray background, black text etc). I like editor themes with white background, and current dark color of controls doesn’t fit to it well. I know that themes are possible, but jon said not to build our own because something in it may change.

0 Likes

+1 for a lighter option to suit lighter syntax themes.

0 Likes

+1 for standard window colors and control look and feel. us boring people like consistency across all apps.

0 Likes

+1 for dark theme or light theme option

and + some design suggestions:

Google Chrome is a browser, but I think it is a good reference for good minimalism. If following “full customized gui” then Sublime’s top main-menu could be changed with icons.

If I get some free time, I’ll make some collages in “paintbrush” to express some ideas.

This screenshot was posted by mvm of MS Intellipad in another forum. I just don’t like that header in each page (looks like it’s taking much space).

And Paint.NET’s prompt. I commented that “preserve session” could be prompted on Exit.

hugs

0 Likes