Sublime Forum

Display image-files

It would be nice, if Sublime Test would** display image-file** inside a tab window instead of binary code. Perhaps one could change between binary code and image if needed.
I absolutely don’t need editor functionality for images.

1 Like

+1

0 Likes

+1 It will be very helpful for IPython Notebook plugin if we can display images inline with other text. I would imagine that some other plugins (e.g. Xiki) will also benefit from it too

0 Likes

If you are on a Mac, you can install the Quick Look package for Sublime Text. It uses the system Quick Look functionality to let you preview files from the sidebar or main window.

0 Likes

Is there now anything for Mac for Sublime Text 3? It appears that the Quick Look package is not yet v3 compatible.

0 Likes

This is my biggest wishes for Sublime outside of of a support team that actually responds.

1 Like

I am slowly hacking on a better org-mode plugin, it would be really really nice if there was a day to display images inline like can be done in emacs. Sublime makes emacs cry from a performance perspective but org-mode is the emacs crack that it is hard to shake.

0 Likes

You can display a Phantom inline, and a phantom supports HTML (via minihtml) and the img tag, so possibly you could do something like this with it (though I don’t know what org-mode is).

1 Like

indeed, displaying images inline in ST has been possible since Build 3072 - 27 February 2015.

0 Likes

Here’s a gif that contains example of inline image display

0 Likes