Sublime Forum

Whole variable content select

$var = "some=variable";

In this case, if I want to select the whole variable content with DoubleClick, it’ll only select the part to “=” sign (or “/”, “*”, “-”, “.”, “,”). In PSPad, this is taken care of by CTRL+DoubleClick, which will select the whole variable from quote to quote. I really miss this feature here :smile:

Or is it already integrated, but I’ve missed it?

0 Likes

I’m not sure I understand. Can you please say which text exactly you click on, and which text you want to have selected? (I’m not sure whether you’re talking about inside the quotes, or the whole line).

0 Likes

whole variable content = everything inside the quotes

for example, if you have a variable like “some=text/with-special.characters”, than double clicking on any word will just select that particular word, and there isn’t a way how to select the whole variable, which would be fast and comfortable like CTRL+DoubleClick within the quotes. right now, you have to drag your mouse from quote to quote.

0 Likes

Related: expandSelectionTo string (same feature request, but with an emphasis on adding it to the API rather than the mouse interaction)

0 Likes

The PowerUser package also has a related keyboard command to select text inside quotes (I think it’s ctrl+’ [single quote]).

Not exactly what you want, but it might help.

0 Likes