Sublime Forum

Project tree

Forgive me if this has come up before but I’ve only recently discovered Sublime Text. I’m looking to move from using Notepad++ – its zen coding support and general snippets plugins don’t really cut it for me and I’ve got a serious dislike for the directory tree view (explorer plugin) which separates directories from files: you can see what I mean here: img693.imageshack.us/img693/4484/notepadi.jpg

After a few days working with Sublime text I think I’m close to crowning it as my new text editor apart from a few show stoppers:

1 - A project tree view. As I say I really don’t like Notepad++ implementation of this as it, for reasons unknown, separates files from directories resulting in two panels (seems backwards to me) but unfortunately Sublime doesn’t have a tree view panel of any sort…although the ‘find in projects’ feature is nice I feel I need a tree view which allows me to add, edit and delete files and directories within the text editor as I work on an ever increasing number of projects that can take a while to become familiar with!

It would also be really nice if it integrated with SVN, in particular TortoiseSVN so I would be able to avoid navigating a project twice (once in my editor and again in windows explorer).

1. This second issue is more of a ‘nice to have’ feature, and probably not a show stopper but it’d be nice to have HTML tag matching much like brace matching in other languages. This is something I’ve become quite reliant on in notepad++ and miss in sublime.

If anyone knows of any plugins or perhaps planned updates that might solve these niggles then I’d be really grateful to hear.

Cheers,

Rich

0 Likes

You can show the project panel by setting

showProjectPanel true

in Preferences -> General Preferences

0 Likes