Sublime Forum

Pre-build script

Hi,

I’m new to Sublime, and seeing ow extensible it is, I have an idea. I’m not sure if it makes sense for anyone besides me, but I’d like a script to run when I open a specific project. I supposed I could create a custom build system and build the project each time when I open it, but I do a lot of project switching and I’m sure this can be automated for me. Here’s an example:

I have 1 project that relies on Tomcat, I usually always have it(tomcat) running in the background (each time I restart my computer, I use screen in terminal, “catalina run”, then detach so I don’t need to keep terminal open, then I restart apache and close terminal). It would be awesome if when I open that specific project in sublime, a shell script runs that starts tomcat for me (this may be problematic for other reasons, but I have another example in mind).

I also have quite a few projects that rely on sass/compass. I know that I can create a build system that runs “compass watch” but I feel that’s not the real reason for running a build. Again, it would be cool if when I open specific projects that rely on sass, a pre-build script runs compass watch on the project folder rather than having to navigate to the relevant directory in terminal.

Any ideas?

0 Likes