Sublime Forum

Focus Group stashing

I find that sometimes 4 focus groups isn’t enough as I switch between scaffolds, but usually I only want two focus groups displayed at any given time. What I’d really like is the ability to name focus groups and then hide them and then later restore them into arbitrary layout panes. It would be nice to be able to merge focus groups as well, but I’d like a setting where I can indicate then when cutting the number of panes in the layout that instead of just merging focus groups, it should stash the ones that are disappearing.

All of this may be in ST3 - I haven’t jumped from ST2 to ST3 yet - so my apologies if it is. I plan on jumping once the next beta is released.

–Toby Ovod-Everett

0 Likes

This doesn’t exist in ST3. It does sound cool, though… maybe it could be added to Origami. I don’t suppose you want to send a pull request? :smile:

0 Likes

I am also looking for this. (I’m using origami, btw)

The project has a ton of sources, with more included every day. (8852 at this moment…)

At any moment I’m working on a subset of them. I will frequently - several dozen times a day - switch to a different subset for a moment. Often go back-and-forth between several subsets at a time.

Most subsets have some common files.

I don’t want to make each subset a different project (tried that for a while - very unpleasant).

I want to mark several tabs as ‘MME’ and others as ‘SGW’ and ‘S1AP’ - and stash ‘PGW’ while I work with MME and SGW. Stash MME; work on SGW and PGW. Then stash those and return to MME and S1AP.

You get the idea - hide the files I’m not interested in for the moment, with the ability to open them just as they were when I do want them.

Groups often have common files; different depending on the groups. And I don’t want to open all the ‘SGW’ or ‘S1AP’ files; just a few of them.

I often have many (50 or more) tabs open -multiple tab rows and small tabs. Often a few with the same name.

Right now I just live with 4-5 tab rows - each group is a row of tabs. Wastes a lot of vertical space, but at least it’s semi-organized…

I also tried multiple windows - that was worse! I kept bouncing between 4 or 5 windows, and often went to the wrong one. Very irritating.

(btw I work in web browsers the same way - many, many tabs open…)

It would be very nice to be able to assign a color for each group, too - visually distinguish them.

0 Likes

In ST3 there is split between project and workspace, it looks like it would match your need …

0 Likes

It would be great if a dotted line would be added to the sidebar that shows which files belong to which directory. I don’t know what else to call it but a “dotted line”. What I mean is that when you unfold a directory in the sidebar view, a dotted line goes down from that directory and then to the right, pointing to the files in it (one horizontal line for each file). Because now - to my head - it’s kind of a chaos when I have a lot of folders unfolded in the sidebar view.

0 Likes