Sublime Forum

Feature Request: Python 2.7

How about updating to the 2.x series end of the line?

There are many new features and retrofitted features from python 3.0 that will make the transition easier when it starts.

From the Python docs:

There were some issues with the last Python upgrade in Sublime 1.x, but if they’ve been sorted out, you might consider this.

0 Likes

The current plan is to move to 3.2 when it’s released in February. Python 3.2 finally supports non-ascii module paths (!), which will make several things nicer for Sublime Text.

Moving to 2.7, while not too bad on Windows and Linux, would mean I’d have to stop using the system version of Python on OSX, and while that isn’t too bad, I’m saving the headaches up for the 3.2 move.

0 Likes

Still planning to put it in, but not until after the public alpha

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]The current plan is to move to 3.2 when it’s released in February. Python 3.2 finally supports non-ascii module paths (!), which will make several things nicer for Sublime Text.

Moving to 2.7, while not too bad on Windows and Linux, would mean I’d have to stop using the system version of Python on OSX, and while that isn’t too bad, I’m saving the headaches up for the 3.2 move.[/quote]

I take it moving to 3.x was decided not to be worth it in the end?

I’m not intending to hassle you about it. Just found this old post and wondered what the final decision turned out to be.

0 Likes