Sublime Forum

Submitting Feature Requests

Hi, I’m newee on sublime, before I was using dreamwaver cs6, and I’m missing one of the features, wich displays the related files of the document, I mean, I was able to see the “file1.js” and all the other java or css files within the same group.
Is this option allowed in the current version, or is there a package for do that?

0 Likes

[quote=“david99999”]Hi, I’m newee on sublime, before I was using dreamwaver cs6, and I’m missing one of the features, wich displays the related files of the document, I mean, I was able to see the “file1.js” and all the other java or css files within the same group.
Is this option allowed in the current version, or is there a package for do that?[/quote]

You must be mistaken the feature is still there. I am not surprised you are leaving cs6 it’s not as good.

0 Likes

Syntax highlight keyword can add&edit&set highlight color.

0 Likes

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/229036-/

0 Likes

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/230210-/

0 Likes

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/230220-/

0 Likes

for Retina display

0 Likes

Define a custom filter method for the quick panel

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/406342-/

0 Likes

API for sidebar
API for access indexed symbols
API (documented) for generating custom autocompletes
API for change width of autocomplete window
API for tooltips

0 Likes

Yeah, More API + APis!! No features, just APIs!

0 Likes

What about Open sourcing the shipped Packages/ folder, lot of “errors” have been fixed by the community.

0 Likes

Would love to see the core packages open sourced.

I’ve been curious about what it would take to get a community driven ‘core packages’ group setup on github and have an alternate channel for Package Control to hit and grab those.

0 Likes

[quote=“LONGMAN”]API for access indexed symbols
API (documented) for generating custom autocompletes[/quote]

These actually exist already. Undocumented, ofc.

For symbols (could use some more API I guess): sublimetext.com/docs/3/api_reference.html

• view.symbols(line_endings)
  • window.lookup_symbol_in_index(symbol)
  • lookup_symbol_in_open_files(symbol)

For generating auto completions, check docs.sublimetext.info/en/sublime … ompletions.

[quote=“subhaze”]Would love to see the core packages open sourced.

I’ve been curious about what it would take to get a community driven ‘core packages’ group setup on github and have an alternate channel for Package Control to hit and grab those.[/quote]

github.com/darinmorrison/sublim … s/issues/1

We did some theory crafting, but no steps have been taken yet. Particularly enhancing Package Control and working on the replacement mechanisms.

0 Likes

Wow, UserEcho is really cool! :smile:

0 Likes

Do not use userecho use this: github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues

0 Likes

If the Github issue tracker is somehow official, maybe Kari or Jon will close this thread and put a link at the begining and at the end of the discussion

0 Likes

They should just unpin and close this thread and instead create a new one with the issue tracker like viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12095

0 Likes

Hi all-

I’ve had a flood of emails recently concerning the userecho page-namely, that it doesn’t seem to be in use. I’ve just had a word with Jon and he has confirmed that he does frequent the page for a bit of inspiration when deciding what to tackle next; however he doesn’t login each time so there isn’t a time stamp recording of his visits.

We ask that you continue to use the userecho page as a place to brainstorm and nominate suggestions. Please do not post bug reports to the userecho page, as it is intended for feature requests only. You can lodge bug reports with me (github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues, which may get you a faster, though unofficial, response.

0 Likes

[quote=“karisublime”]Hi all-

I’ve had a flood of emails recently concerning the userecho page-namely, that it doesn’t seem to be in use. I’ve just had a word with Jon and he has confirmed that he does frequent the page for a bit of inspiration when deciding what to tackle next; however he doesn’t login each time so there isn’t a time stamp recording of his visits.

We ask that you continue to use the userecho page as a place to brainstorm and nominate suggestions. Please do not post bug reports to the userecho page, as it is intended for feature requests only. You can lodge bug reports with me (github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues, which may get you a faster, though unofficial, response.[/quote]

Damn, couldn’t he spend 5 minutes to come to this forum and speak by itself, at least this way we could know that he’s still alive !
It’s getting ridiculous !

As ridiculous as the userecho page where he didn’t done anything since 2 years.
I’m sure this service could be really useful when someone manages the topics.
With more than 3000 ideas, it’s unusable.

0 Likes

This user echo system seems very vulnerable to spam, it’s full of it!

0 Likes