Sublime Forum

ASCI banners in minimap, from single line comment

Below is the picture of what some people like to do.
Its quite clever use of the minimap, but it adds noise to the code.

The feature requested here, that often appeared when discussing this picture, is that the coment in the code would be just single line
with some special characters sequence, lets say/* @@API@@ */
but sublime would detect it as special kind of comment and minimap would show it enlarged

The idea is not mine and I search this section before making this thread
I think it would be incredibly useful.

Other way around this would be if there would be API for minimap more open
so that something like this and other ideas, could be done

Cheers

0 Likes

Here is another crazy thing that people do: split files (especially JS!) into smaller files (prototypes) then combine them into a single file on minify (you could use Grunt for this).

So instead of having one big-ass file with multiple responsabilities, you will have one api.js, one loader.js, one mediator.js and so on. Each file having one, single responsability. :geek:

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]Here is another crazy thing that people do: split files (especially JS!) into smaller files (prototypes) then combine them into a single file on minify (you could use Grunt for this).

So instead of having one big-ass file with multiple responsabilities, you will have one api.js, one loader.js, one mediator.js and so on. Each file having one, single responsability. :geek:[/quote]

You are not wrong,
but the presence of possibility of good practice does not negate benefits of opening minimap api

0 Likes