Sublime Forum

Sidebar: File Type Icons

Hello everyone,

recently I discovered Atom Editor, but it’s not that great and switched back to Sublime Text 3.
Now I’ve a pretty tiny request, maybe a package developer who understands much more of Python than me could maybe do it as his next little project.

Since the last update, the Sidebar can now have Foldericons, they’re cool but I would like an enhancement to this. I would like something like Fileicons. If you have a SASSfile for example, you get the SASS-Icon just before the name of the file. I’ve discovered this on the Atom package page (no advertisment to this btw!) https://atom.io/packages/file-icons

Did someone tried it out yet? Discovered an old post on the userecho forums, which had the following code:

{ "class": "sidebar_items", "content_padding": [0, 0, 0, 20], "content_background_width": [16], "content_background_height": [16], "content_background_image": { "filetype:css": "Packages/Theme - Default/stylesheet.png", "filetype:js": "Packages/Theme - Default/javascript.png", "filetype:json": "Packages/Theme - Default/json.png" } }

Some users told, this won’t work anymore. Would appreciate, if something is that great with Python and could develop this.

0 Likes