Sublime Forum

Allow customers to participate in development of SublimeText

Hey,

a probably bold suggestion: Allow the people who bought Sublime Text to participate in the development process. Somewhat like what EPIC Games is doing at the moment with the Unreal Engine 4. To be honest the development atm looks pretty dead, the last blog post was nearly a year ago and the last BETA build was released several months ago. You’re probably very busy right now but it neither looks good nor feels good. This will probably scare off a lot of people to buy Sublime Text. Also there is now Atom from Github which is free and open source, still not nearly as good as ST (IMHO) but that might change someday.

Why you really should consider my suggestion:

*] Free developers (always a good thing)
*] More happy customers <3
*] More improvements / A better Sublime Text

My favorite option would still be to open source the whole thing, but I guess it’s a valuable income. At least don’t let Sublime Text die, I just can’t work without it anymore :smile:.

Thanks,

kasoki

0 Likes

+1 felling a little breezy in here. Would love to contribute. And to add to the list above, TextMate is open source…

0 Likes

+1 if this option will be available for paid customers, i’ll buy ST without any mind despite to its expensiveness in our country and will be glad for participating in the project.

0 Likes