Sublime Forum

Autocomplete List "Hint"

I would love if we can add autocomplete hints to the list of commands. IE at the bottom of the autocomplete box, there is a text field that shows up if the current autocomplete option selected has a “hint” or “detail” defined. IE:

http://simplyv4.com/autochint.png

That would make the autocomplete so SO killer (especially if we could set those hints from API) because you can extend the entire PHP autocomplete list with hints from the php website, and you can write where a variable is defined etc when writing an intellisense plugin.

0 Likes

I’d love to see hints tied in as well. Posted to UserEcho.
sublimetext.userecho.com/feedback/23681-/

0 Likes

Hello, how can i have autocomplete for php functions? I am searching a whole day without luck :frowning: I don’t care about the hints, i just want to write “mysql_fe” press ctrl+space and propose for example “mysql_fetch_array”. Please help a noob with sublime text.

0 Likes

A little shameless bump for this great idea…

And in the somewhat same subject:

]What about some kind of in-code hint ? I think it’s a persistent request.
Very useful to show some information right in your sight. Reading the status bar (or console like) messages somewhat break your workflow by the need to look at another part of the windows./
]

]And for the status bar messages, it’s easy to miss a message that your not waiting for, like file reloading.
Something like an overlay window (semi transparent message that doesn’t steal the focus and disappear automatically after a few seconds) for this kind of event could be nice.
This way you couldn’t miss it but it doesn’t break your workflow too much./
]

Thanks to think about it and thanks again to simplify my life with Sublime Text :smiley:

0 Likes

A little bump for this idea:

[quote=“bizoo”]And for the status bar messages, it’s easy to miss a message that your not waiting for, like file reloading.
Something like an overlay window (semi transparent message that doesn’t steal the focus and disappear automatically after a few seconds) for this kind of event could be nice.
This way you couldn’t miss it but it doesn’t break your workflow too much.[/quote]

We have now the view.show_popup(), maybe the same code could be used for a second independent popup centered on the window.
Something like sublime.popup_message() to complement sublime.status_message().

It’s all I need for my Facebook New Message plugin that everybody is waiting for :smiley:

0 Likes

What about some kind of in-code hint ? I think it’s a persistent request.
Very useful to show some information right in your sight. Reading the status bar (or console like) messages somewhat break your workflow by the need to look at another part of the windows.

0 Likes