Sublime Forum

Inline File Browser

I would like to be able to open a finder window (or equivalent) and locate a file, such as a CSS file, relative to the file I’m working, such as a HTML file. This was a feature I found helpful when I was using DreamWeaver. I have added an image below that may help explain what I mean.

I have tried searching for plugins that may do this but I don’t think I am using the right keywords. I would appreciate if anybody could help find something suitable.

0 Likes

I’m not aware of anything that lets you browse for a file, but there’s this:
github.com/BoundInCode/AutoFileName
and this:
github.com/sagold/FuzzyFilePath

0 Likes

[quote=“adzenith”]I’m not aware of anything that lets you browse for a file, but there’s this:
github.com/BoundInCode/AutoFileName
and this:
github.com/sagold/FuzzyFilePath[/quote]

Ok, FuzzyFilePath seems to be a reasonable alternative. It may actually be better if I’m only going one directory down. On the other hand, it’s not ideal if I have a lot of libraries installed with Bower because the file I need may be several directories deep. Maybe I’ll get used to it in time.

Anyway, it’s better than before so thanks for that.

Edit: Actually, after some more use I think this is even better than what I first suggested. The screenshot below shows how I can go directly to Bootstrap CSS even though they are a few directories deep in the bower_components directory. Case closed. Thank you adzenith. :smiley:

0 Likes

Glad it’s working for you!

0 Likes