Sublime Forum

Feature Request: Project / Project Explorer

Hi,

are there any plans to implement some kind of project management / project explorer in the near future (maybe including svn support :smile: )?

1 Like

Hi myel - welcome to the forums!

Yep, itā€™s definitely is on the roadmap - itā€™s one of the most requested features. The general plan is that 1.04 will include plugins and a more reasonable preferences system, and then 1.05 will follow with project support. Thereā€™s no dates for these, but it should give an indication of priority.

0 Likes

Hello Jon,

thanks for your fast reply.

Sublime looks very promising and now iā€™m looking forward to 1.05 :wink:.

0 Likes

I think itā€™s important to use some colors from syntax highlighting in panes.
Because i feel eye discomfort. It looks very contrastful when you using dark themes and see a white background in panes or open/save dialogs.

0 Likes

Welcome to the forums fbd!

I agree with you there - the project explorer, when it comes, will fit in nicely with the rest of Sublime Text. The current preferences sidebar is a temporary stopgap only.

re: open / save dialogs, I think your best bet there is to change the windows colour scheme to user darker colours.

0 Likes

I feel bad for asking, but iā€™m so impatient:

now that 1.04 is here, any progress on the project explorer stuff?

0 Likes

Project support is still on the list for 1.05, it wonā€™t be happening as soon as Iā€™d like though: Iā€™m about to head overseas for a few weeks, there wonā€™t be any new beta versions until after I get back.

0 Likes

Please post some message about it in the blog, or in beta versions page, to keep people informed.

0 Likes

Hi Jon,

Sorry to insist, but please consider a Linux version soon. Iā€™m not so involved in your project only because of this. Iā€™m sure a lot of people will pay for it.

Another suggestion : every GUI toolkit seems now to allow WebKit inside them (Gtk and Qt4), can this be done inside yours ?
This could be a great plus for editing (X)HTML, JavaScript or markup-like files.

0 Likes

Sad news :stuck_out_tongue:.

Itā€™s the one thing that keeps me from using (and buying) sublime in my production enviroment.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work and enjoy your vacation!

0 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to doing it, but I think the right thing to do is to add more functionality to the Windows version for the moment.

Nick has done some work getting Sublime to talk to an external browser, but embedding something is definitely a candidate.

0 Likes

If the project explorer will make Sublime heavier, I donā€™t like the ideaā€¦

If it get heavier Iā€™d rather use an IDE.

IĀ“m pretty OK with Windows Explorerā€™s context-menu.

0 Likes

Iā€™d like to see some design taken from the likes of Coda. How they handle project management is wonderful. The concept of ā€œsites/projectsā€. See here: panic.com/coda/img/sites-screenshot_01.jpg

The most recent projects are shown in thumbnail preview form at start up so you can simply click and start editing. Coda opens all the files opened during your last session with that file. And the project explorer automatically opens the directory structure from that project.

0 Likes

Project support, once implemented, wonā€™t add any overhead unless youā€™re using it, and even then I donā€™t expect it to be anything measurable.

Coda is a lovely application - I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be implementing thumbnails that fancy though :slight_smile:

0 Likes

how are things coming with project support? i know iā€™m impatient :smile:

[size=85]PS: take your time to make it goodā€¦[/size]

0 Likes