Sublime Forum

Bold/italic in colour schemes

It would be so much easier for the eye if more important parts of the code (say keywords eg. function/if/else) were in bold, while less important ones (eg. comments) were in italic.

0 Likes

+1

It would be so much easier for the eye if more important parts of the code (say keywords eg. function/if/else) were in bold, while less important ones (eg. comments) were in italic.

0 Likes

+1

I really miss that; especially Consolas Italics. Got used to it in TextMate.

0 Likes

+1. I’m too used to see code commentaries in Italics.

0 Likes

I still can’t understand why this isn’t part of it already?

I know the current buffer is limited in its ways, but font control shouldn’t be much harder than actually styling it with colours, right?

0 Likes

My guess is bold/italics fonts have different widths, and using different width fonts is a lot harder (and probably slower) to paint and to translate from pixel to line/character.

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

The minimap wouldn’t have to change, unless it’s based on a literal copy of it.

0 Likes

Is there anything done about it? I get used to Kate and reading code without bold keywords is really harder for me.
I guess this can be partially simulated with brighter color for keywords

0 Likes

+1

The only thing I miss in sublime :frowning:

0 Likes

+1
that feature would be really great

0 Likes

+1
I miss it too.

0 Likes

Bold and italic variations of monospace fonts are still monospaced, and are the same width as the regular style for that font. That’s been the case in every mono font I’ve seen anyway.

0 Likes

+1
Really disturbing when you use your familiar color theme from TextMate/Emacs, but the keywords are not bold :frowning:

0 Likes

Me too! Everyone misses this feature

0 Likes

I also think that it’s the one feature the ST2 lacks for

0 Likes

Totally miss this feature.
I am really waiting for this to be implemented.

0 Likes

I’d welcome this. Not until printing is implemented though! This is a nice to have; an improvement to the clarity of the text whereas printing is a feature completely missing from the editor.

0 Likes

Throwing out my +1 as well - mostly because I’d like to see a plugin written that will allow me to change the style of comments based on comment prefixes… // TODO: would make it appear one way, while // NOTE: would make it appear another… :smile:

0 Likes

And we have bold and italic in build 2146!

0 Likes