Sublime Forum

Close Window, next window focus right instead of left

I’m a new user to ST3, and I’m loving it!

I do have one MAJOR quibble though, and I can’t believe I’m the only one who’s bothered by this: when you Ctrl-W close a window, the focus goes to the window to the left of the just-closed window. In almost every other editor, the window to the right of the just-closed window would assume the focus. When you’ve got a bunch of windows that you opened up following class definititions, and you want to close all the windows you’ve opened, you have to hit Ctrl-W, then Ctrl-Right Arrow, repeat.

I’ve been able to find a solution via searching for almost all my other issues/problems (such a great ST community!) but haven’t been able to solve this one.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

You should be able to write a plugin that hooks “on_close”, inspects the current view and its index in the current group, and the focusses the view that has the next higher index (i.e. is right). Unless ST overrides focus later, but worth a try at least.

0 Likes

You can try TabsExtra which makes this configurable github.com/facelessuser/TabsExtra. As it is overriding the close event(s) it isn’t perfect, but it works most of the time.

0 Likes