Sublime Forum

Improved "Recent projects menu"

ST is so great, there is really just one feature I’m dying for, I submitted to the userecho site, but it’s too minor to get much attention. Should be very easy to change. sublimetext.userecho.com/feedback/19462-search/

The “Recent Projects” menu looks like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\projectName1.sublime-project C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\projectdir\projectName2.sublime-project C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\otherprojectdir\projectName3.sublime-project D:\ProjectDir\projectName4.sublime-project
That is hard to parse visually! Easier to read:

projectName1 C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\ projectName2 C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\projectdir\ projectName3 C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\otherprojectdir\ projectName4 D:\ProjectDir\
Please consider this change to the “Recent projects” menu. Thoughts?

0 Likes

Got a vote from me although I prefer folder-based work rather than project-based one. I think we have to be patient with that userecho thing. It really works like a queue. First in first out (only if it’s not good it won’t go up). Your idea has 9 votes already and a few high-listed ideas drop out every week so it’s slowly getting to the top.

I’d agree with you though that this can be frustrating. Why wait months when this could be done in 5 minutes? If I were the developer here I’d go first for the ideas with the lowest cost (providing they had some support and agreed with my vision). And I believe this is what Jon does so you can expect this to be implemented sooner rather than later.

0 Likes

Jon’s been great about implementing good suggestions. I think Jon would like this one, but I hope it just needs a bit of visibility. We’ll see. If a few other people agree, I’d like to see that.

I do project-based mostly, and it is really handy to flip between projects via the “Recent projects” menu. Just wish it didn’t take me 30 seconds to find the project I want in the list.

0 Likes