Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

API Requests

API Requests

Postby ajpalkovic on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:19 am

I've been working on some plugins lately, and I'd like to request a couple of features in the API that I would find really useful:

1. A way to get a list of all open tabs. The plugin I finished today absolutely needs this (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2263). While it does mostly work without this feature, it would be awesome if there was a way to get a list of the view objects.

2. An event that fires when the editor starts up. I ran into a problem in which I was trying to do too much in the constructor of my EventListener. I worked around it with a little set_timeout, but that's ugly, an event would be nicer.

3. Buffer version number. Internally, E kept a small version number for each file that was incremented each time there was a change to the file. This allowed plugins and such to easily check if a specific file had been modified. That would be really nice to have.

4. Something to manipulate the tab order and set which tab has focus. Or rather, window.new_file() should optionally accept an index which is the location to open the tab at.
ajpalkovic

Re: API Requests

Postby ajpalkovic on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 am

5. An onScroll or an onViewportChanged api would be nice, but it's not a huge necessity, a simple timer can work around it. (on_selection_modified fires if the arrow keys or page down cause the viewport to scroll, but it does not fire if the scrollbar or mousewheel cause the viewport to move).
ajpalkovic

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests