Sublime Forum

Open and close syntax highlight

im so in love with this editor , im using it about several months for now , but i cant replace it with my we builder 2010 because it has very very interesting feature that i can not find here.

Example :

some text

when i click

its hightlights and i see the end tag highlited too

the same reverse.
example 2 : **
When i select with mouse $hello all the same words $hello are also highlited:

A dream:) thanks

0 Likes

Improved Transpose Plugin

Yeah, this would be a really useful feature. There is a request here for something similar. A few comments down that page “leeoniya” suggests Dev-PHP as having a great implementation of this feature. I’ve just tried it and, yeah, that’s pretty much as I’d personally like it.

0 Likes

@ indecline: There’s a highlight words plugin here: https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/highlight-current-word-plugin-with-st2/1700/2&hilit=highlightcurrentword#p9741

Cheers,
Mick

0 Likes

Sublimator care to share :smiley:

0 Likes

You can still use threads in a sublime plugin. You just can’t interact with the view from the thread. The easiest way is to use a global variable to store the data of the view. The plugin copies the view into that variable, and the thread periodically reads that string, does stuff with it and updates another global.

So, you can definitely do background processing stuff, you just have to incur the cost of making a copy of the view each time.

0 Likes

That’s true. Is there any way of doing this in ST2 at present?

Update: actually, the main reason I find highlighting useful is to more easily grok the content of tags at a glance. Zen’s select tag content command was very useful for that. Is Zen Coding possible in ST2 yet?

0 Likes

You could always solve the problem by upgrading to haml :smile:

0 Likes

So has there been any development here? I’d kill for the plugin seen in sublimator’s animated gif on page 1.

0 Likes

No comments. It’s just cool!

Sublimator http://forums.disenteria.ru/style_emoticons/default/mol.gif

0 Likes

SublimeTagmatcher:

0 Likes